Here are the Top 4:
1. Georgia: They were dominant and reinforced that they deserve to be the favorite right now.
2. Ohio State: The Buckeyes played in a downpour, but they played Northwestern, and the Wildcats are bad. I wouldn’t ding Ohio State for this, and I don’t think the committee will either, but they did nothing to convince anyone they should be ahead of Georgia.
3. Michigan: The Wolverines have the good life right now. Fiddle around with Rutgers, blow them out in the 2nd half, and move up two spots in the CFP rankings. Paradise.
4: Tennessee: TCU might have this spot, but I think the committee is going to make the Horned Frogs wow them to move TCU ahead of one-loss Tennessee. Tennessee still has a road beatdown win against LSU. The Alabama win still carries weight. This is as far as the Vols fall in my opinion.
Just on the outside looking in:
5. TCU: They will be here on the cusp of the playoffs, but they have no margin for error. Both Kansas State and Oklahoma State lost this weekend. The story is the same for the Frogs – just win out. A Big 12 championship will count for something if they can run the table.
6. Oregon: The Ducks might be upset if they are here behind TCU when the other team that beat Georgia has a spot in the playoff, at least for now. Oregon does have a home win against UCLA, but the Vols’ road win over LSU was much more impressive.