11. Clemson: Everything came crashing down for the Tigers last weekend. Not only did they get thoroughly beaten by the Irish, but two of the teams that were boosting their resume lost. Wake Forest and Syracuse will likely fall out of the rankings. If Florida State enters the CFP rankings, that will help the Tigers, but the damage has been done. Just like in the AP Poll, I expect Clemson to fall outside the Top 10.
12. Ole Miss: The Rebels were ahead of UCLA in the first rankings reveal, but I think they likely slip behind them this week. Did you realize that Kentucky was ranked 7th in the country when Ole Miss beat them? That was some time ago. The Rebels did get a win on the road against the Aggies, but that doesn’t carry as much weight as it used to either.
13. Utah: That loss in The Swamp seems so distant now. The Utes have held serve following their win over the Trojans and are staying relevant for a New Year’s Six bowl bid.
14. Penn State: The Nittany Lions bounced back the way a team should when they play the Indiana Hoosiers. There isn’t much meat left on the bone of Penn State’s schedule, but they are hovering in that range where they might get a New Year’s Six bowl bid if a few teams ahead of them stumble.
15. North Carolina: The Tar Heels didn’t put Virginia away in a manner that made anyone feel better about their defense, but they won, and that’s all that counts right now. They still have battles ahead against NC State and Wake Forest, both of which should be very entertaining games.