16. Tulane: Let’s go, Green Wave! They are in the driver’s seat for the Group of Five bid to the New Year’s Six, but the Golden Knights would love to poach it from them.
17. Texas: Full disclosure – I would put NC State ahead of Texas, but I also wouldn’t have put Texas in the Top 25 last week, so I think the committee will favor the shiny Longhorns. To be fair, Bijan Robinson is playing very well, and Ewers hasn’t been bad either.
18. NC State: It looks like the Wolfpack might have found something in MJ Morris. This offense looks better now than it did when Devin Leary was playing. If Morris keeps the offense moving, and the defense plays at a high level, their rivalry game against North Carolina should be very good, and the ACC can stand to have some good contests right now.
19. Kansas State: The Wildcats may have a mental block against Texas. They haven’t beaten the Longhorns since 2016. Texas grabbed control early and didn’t let up. Kansas State is still a good team, but they need help if they want to get a spot in the Big 12 championship game.
20. UCF: I won’t lie – I’m still not sold on UCF, but the committee likes them. They get their shot at Tulane this coming Saturday.