Here are the teams that are ranked in the AP Top 25 but don’t have a top 25 resume:
14. NC State – resume score: 9 – The Wolfpack have a loss now, and frankly their resume going into the game wasn’t all that to begin with. State has an uphill battle from here, but still have chances against Florida State, Syracuse and Wake Forest ahead.
20. Kansas State – resume score: 7 – The Wildcats have some good wins. The problem is that loss at home to Tulane, a G5 team. It was brutal to their resume. KSU needs Tulane to keep winning and work their way into the Top 25 to lessen the impact of that upset.
21. Washington – resume score: 8 – The Huskies’ loss was on the road to a team now ranked in the AP Top 25. The problem is all their wins were at home.
24. Cincinnati – resume score: 8 – The Bearcats do have a win over Indiana, but otherwise, let’s be honest: Cincinnati is in the AP Top 25 based on reputation.
25. LSU – resume score: 9.5 – Don’t look now, but LSU has won four straight after their “neutral” site loss to Florida State.
There are a couple Top 25 matchups this weekend, as well as several upset opportunities. I expect more changes to the Resume Top 25 after next weekend.
Five weeks into the season John Chancey’s resume ranking has Clemson football in a much loftier place than those favored by the media
Clemson faces Boston College in Chestnut Hill in the Eagles’ annual Red Bandana Game. This game is a high profile event for BC, so it will be a prime-time game on ABC.
NC State will attempt to bounce back from the loss in Death Valley against Florida State, who will attempt to bounce back following a home loss to Wake Forest.
Ohio State and Michigan both hit the road for the first time this weekend. ESPN College Gameday will be in Lawrence, Kansas for the Jayhawks vs. the Horned Frogs. It will be a busy day in Los Angeles: Utah visits UCLA and Washington State will be at USC. Lastly, BYU gets another chance against a P5 opponent when they take on Notre Dame in Las Vegas.