Alabama or LSU. This is the question.
The Crimson Tide and the Tigers out of Baton Rouge are the clear favorites to win the SEC West and I have gone back and forth on each one.
Alabama lost a ton of talent to the NFL, but it seems that they always lose a ton of professional talent and then they always end up winning the conference anyway.
The Crimson Tide also has one of the toughest road schedules in the nation.
LSU will have one of the best defenses in the nation and Leonard Fournette to run the ball, but the question is: Will the Tigers have a passing game?
I will remind you that this is the same program that was going to fire Les Miles just eight months ago.
Here are some key games within the SEC West to watch:
- Alabama at Ole Miss, September 17th
- Alabama at Arkansas, October 8th
- Ole Miss at Arkansas, October 15th
- Ole Miss at LSU, October 22nd
- Texas A&M at Alabama, October 22nd
- Alabama at LSU, November 5th
- LSU at Ole Miss, November 12th
- LSU at Texas A&M, November 24th
At the end of the day, this division may come down to the Alabama-LSU match-up on November 5th. I want to take LSU because of their defensive talent, but I just can’t pick against Alabama especially when the Tigers have no proven commodity at quarterback.
Division Winner: Alabama