We learned about a couple transfer portal departures from Clemson Football yesterday. The most surprising was Andrew Mukuba. You can read more about it here.
The other player exiting the program is freshman defensive end David Ojiegbe.
Ojiegbe was a 4-star prospect from St. John’s High School in Washington DC. He was one of the earliest commitments in the 2023 class.
This is unfortunate because there will be a competition to see who will start beside TJ Parker next season. Ojiegbe was one of those freshmen who could have possibly taken a step.
It is very possible the departure of Lemanski Hall impacted this decision.
The portal opened Monday, and with players now officially able to enter it, we are hearing about players officially exiting it too.
Texas Tech quarterback Tyler Shough, one of the biggest beneficiaries of COVID-19’s influence on college football, will be transferring to Louisville.
Notre Dame wide receiver Chris Tyree has committed to Tony Elliott and the Virginia Cavaliers.
Florida State defensive end Patrick Payton has entered the portal after failed NIL negotiations with their collective. It sounds like Payton will command a high price.
This is On3’s list of the top quarterbacks available in the portal. Cam Ward tops the list.
Here is the latest on these players:
- DJ Uiagalelei has been linked to Florida State, Louisville and Mississippi State, though it is unknown how the Shough announcement impacts chances with the Cardinals
- Riley Leonard has an official visit set up with Notre Dame
- I had assumed Dillon Gabriel would follow Jeff Lebby to Mississippi State, but it looks like Oregon could be the destination.
- Dante Moore has been linked to Michigan, which is close to his home
- Nothing on Will Howard from standard sources, but there seems to be smoke around USC
- Nothing on Cam Ward from standard sources, but there seems to be smoke around Ohio State
- Aidan Chiles is not on this list, but he appears to be following Jonathan Smith to Michigan State