Good morning! Here is today’s Clemson Tigers News.
Clemson Volleyball defeats Ball State 3-2 (26-24, 25-17, 23-25, 18-25, 15-8): The Tigers go the distance to beat the Cardinals and advance to the next round of the NIVC Tournament.
Adria Powell had 21 points, the highest of her Tiger career.
Clemson is now 19-13, which is the most wins in a season since 2018.
The Tigers will face the winner of the UTEP vs UT Arlington, who play today at 4:00 PM.
Clemson Women’s Soccer 0, Florida State 2: The Tigers fall to the Seminoles in the national semifinals of the College Cup.
It was the first College Cup appearance for the program, but they could not overcome their nemisis FSU. The Tigers finish the season with only four loses, and three of them came to the Seminoles.
The Tigers were led this season by goalkeeper Halle Mackiewicz and Makenna Morris, who were named to the United Soccer Coaches All-American Team.
Mackiewicz set a new Clemson record for shutouts this season with 13. Morris led the squad with 10 goals.
Clemson Men’s Soccer vs Stanford: 6:00 PM at Historic Riggs Field (NCAA Elite Eight)
As The Portal Turns
It was a relatively quiet day for Clemson with regards to the transfer portal. Around the rest of the country, the action continued.
Here are some of the names you might recognize that are either in the portal or have announced their intention to enter on Monday:
- Cam Ward: Washington State – this is a big one. Akin to DJ Uiagalelei’s situation at Oregon State, the Cougars are getting ready to take a step down out of the soon-to-be Power Four. Ward will get a lot of attention from programs who don’t have a clear starter for 2024 and have a good NIL budget.
- Drew Pine: Arizona State, originally transferred from Notre Dame
- Jordan McCloud: James Madison – a good quarterback most likely moving on because JMU’s coach took a new opportunity with Indiana.
- Jaylen Stinson: Duke safety who was second on the team in tackles with 37, one interception and one fumble recovery.
- Jerand Bradley: Texas Tech wide receiver
Are you a Clemson fan? Do you like to write, or think you might want to give it a try? Rubbing The Rock is looking for new contributors. If you are interested, click here.