That was not a good week of football if you are a Clemson football fan. The lackluster effort in South Bend, Indiana led to a whooping at the hands of the Irish. However, there were some really good games in the conference which inevitably will lead to some movement in this week’s ACC Power Rankings.
See if you agree with the following, through Week 9.
No. 14 through 10
Clemson football has a 2-0 record against this group with Miami next week
14. Boston College Eagles – Last Week: 13 – (2-7) – QB Phil Jurkovec sat out the latest installment of the most disappointing team in the ACC. Emmett Morehead started slowly for the Eagles, but the team fought and fought all the way to the end of the game against Duke on Friday night, but all for naught, and the disappointment continues for Coach Jeff Hafley. WRs Joseph Griffin Jr. and Zay Flowers were tremendous. The lone bright spots for the worst team in the conference. Next up: @ NC State
13. Virginia Tech Hokies – Last Week: 12 – (2-7) – C’mon Virginia Tech, leading 27-16 through three quarters and end up losing to Georgia Tech by a point. The team is fighting,
but just cannot seem to get over the hump. Grant Wells fumbled twice for the Hokies as the turnover differential could be seen as a direct correlation to why they lost. Next up: @ Duke
12. Virginia Cavaliers – Last Week: 14 – (3-6) – This was hard to do because it was arguably the best week that UVA has had this season, and still lost to ACC Coastal division leader UNC. The Hoos had a bunch of injuries on the offensive side of the ball, but Brennan Armstrong looked like the guy we saw last season, throwing for 232 yards and adding 64 yards on the ground. TE Sackett Wood Jr. led the receiving corp with 94 yards. Next up: vs. Pitt
11. Miami Hurricanes – Last Week 10 – (4-5) – Yikes this team isn’t good and only ahead of Virginia because of their riveting head to head battle last week. Tyler Van Dyke was back under center for the Canes and was not good. Freshman Jacurri Brown moved the offense a bit after he was inserted and at least showed a little bit of life in a 45-3 loss to rival Florida State. This team flat out isn’t good. Next up: @ Georgia Tech
10. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Last Week – 11 – (4-5) – A comeback victory for the Jackets against Virginia Tech thrusts them up one spot in this all-important rankings. Freshman Zach Pyron got his first start at quarterback and threw for 253 yards and a touchdown, while running for 66 yards and another score, the eventual game-winner. The Jackets keep fighting for their interim coach Brent Key. Next up: vs. Miami