As we look at the 2020 Clemson football recruiting class, it’s clear that the Tigers have a chance to sign some of the top prospects in the nation.
Over the past week, the 2020 Clemson football recruiting class added two more commitments in 4-star Offensive Linemen Mitchell Mayes and Bryn Tucker.
Now, the Tigers will focus on earning commitments from some of the top playmakers around the country and, as of now, they are in really good position with several top prospects.
Here’s a look at the 247 Sports’ Composite 5-star prospects that Clemson football has a chance of signing.
- Bryan Bresee, DE- No. 1 player in the nation
- Justin Flowe, LB- No. 3 player in the nation
- Julian Fleming, WR- No. 5 player in the nation
- DJ Uiagalelei, QB- No. 6 player in the nation
- Sav’ell Smalls, OLB- No. 7 player in the nation
- Jordan Burch, DE- No. 8 player in the nation
- Elias Ricks, CB- No. 9 player in the nation
- Arik Gilbert, ATH, TE- No. 10 player in the nation
- Myles Murphy, DE- No. 11 player in the nation
- Demarkcus Bowman, RB- No. 20 player in the nation
- Antoine Sampah, LB- No. 30 player in the nation
All of those guys listed above are 5-star players. Right now, I would say that Clemson football leads for Uiagalelei, Bresee, Burch and Sampah, though none of these are locks.
I would also say that the Tigers are in competitive position with Fleming, Ricks, Gilbert, Murphy and Bowman.
The only two that I would be shocked if Clemson football signed, right now anyway, would be Flowe- who is a heavy USC lean- and Smalls- who is said to be favoring Florida State and Alabama.
Those guys that the Tigers are in competitive position for, the key will be getting them back on campus again. Right now, Fleming is heavily considering Clemson, Ohio State and Penn State, with the Nittany Lions said to be the leader.
Both Gilbert and Murphy are considered to be favoring Georgia, but the Tigers have made good ground with those two prospects. Bowman is favoring Florida, but I’d say that Clemson has the best chance to get the talented running back out of state.
There’s still a lot to be determined with these recruits- and this list doesn’t even include several composite 4-stars that could become 5-stars- so it will be interesting to see how the Tigers close in on many of these prospects and what this class looks like a few months from now when commitments start to pick up.