The top 2020 offensive line prospect on the board for Clemson football is 4-star Bryn Tucker. The talented interior lineman set his decision date.
Clemson football has already garnered commitments from four 4-star offensive linemen in John Williams (OT), Walker Parks (OT), Mitchel Mayes (OL) and Paul Tchio (OG) for the 2020 class.
The Tigers are still looking to fill potentially one more spot before it’s all said and done, and their top prospect- 4-star OL Bryn Tucker- has set his decision date.
Tucker, a native of Knoxville, Tennessee, announced that he’ll make his decision Thursday, March 14 at 7 p.m.
Tucker’s last visit overall was to Clemson back in January, when he picked up an offer from the Tigers. According to 247 sports’ crystal ball, Clemson football has garnered 82 percent of the predictions, with Tennessee getting the other 18 percent.
Tucker, a 6-foot-5, 305 pound guard, is said to be a Clemson lean by most experts, but you never really know.
Though Tennessee was once considered the leader, I’d say that the Vols are pretty much out of the race barring something unforeseen at this point. Tucker is considering Clemson, Virginia Tech, Oklahoma, Notre Dame and Auburn, but I’d say all recent signs point to Clemson.
Tucker is a very talented prospect and has the ability to develop into a really good offensive lineman before it’s all said and done. I don’t expect him to come in and earn a starting position or a ton of playing time right away.
He’s got the athletic features, but needs to refine some of the mechanics a little bit.
If he plays on the interior of the line, I think the coaching staff will get him in the weight room with the hopes of bulking him up a little more, perhaps around the 312-325 range, but with his athleticism, he could potentially move outside if needed, though the plan is for him to play guard.