The 2020 Clemson football recruiting cycle continues to pick up as we head into the thick of spring. A 5-star 2020 defensive back is trending to the Tigers.
The 2020 Clemson football recruiting class has the potential to be the best in school history. The Tigers have already signed several key 4-stars and are locked in recruiting battles for a bunch of talented 4-star and 5-star prospects across the country.
Right now, the Tigers lead for several key prospects and you can feel Dabo Swinney and Co. beginning to close in on a few recruits. That may lead to a few more commitments before the summer.
In its latest crystal ball projection, 247 sports now has 5-star DB Fred Davis II trending towards the Tigers.
Davis, who is still somewhat early in his recruitment, visited Clemson in January for the Tigers’ Elite Junior Day and came away impressed with what he saw, from all accounts.
The Tigers offered Davis back in December and it seems that lately they’ve made up some ground in his recruitment. Davis has visited the Florida schools, as well as Alabama and a few others. Currently, his 247 sports crystal ball projection has him as a 67 percent chance of committing to Ohio State and a 33 percent chance of committing to Clemson, but that’s with just three crystal ball projections in.
Overall, I think Clemson football is in great position to land the talented cornerback, but the key- like many other recruits who are still considering several schools- is to get him back on campus. The facilities, atmosphere, coaching staff and school sells itself, but you’ve got to find a way to get him on campus a few more times.
I really like Davis and think he could be a guy that comes in and competes right away. He’s a very talented coverage guy with a verified 4.30 shuttle time.
It should be interesting to see how his recruitment develops. Make sure you check back here on Rubbing the Rock for more updates, information and analysis pertaining to all things Clemson football.