Nov 29, 2014; Louisville, KY, USA; Louisville Cardinals quarterback Kyle Bolin (14) and wide receiver Eli Rogers (6) pose for a picture with the mascot and the Governor
3. @ Louisville Cardinals
This is being called, by most of the nation, Clemson’s first test of the 2015 season. The game will be played on a Thursday night in Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium. The Cardinals, however, have a lot of reloading to do to be able to compete with Clemson that early in the season. They will need to find their starting quarterback and create a certain amount of chemistry early on before they play the Tigers.
More from Rubbing the Rock
- Clemson Football: Q&A with Florida State experts at Chop Chat
- Clemson Tigers News: New commitments, Ian Schieffelin and Jonathan Weitz
- Clemson Football needs their biggest stars to shine against Florida State
- Clemson Football: Receiver by committee could work for the Tigers
- No reason for Clemson Football to fear a Seminole takeover
Louisville also only returns four starters on their defense, so Clemson playing the Cardinals in the early part of the season may prove to be a blessing in disguise for the Tigers. Only time will tell, but Coach Bobby Petrino seems to always have his team up for a Thursday night game and, even though Louisville replaces much of their 2014 team, I believe they will by no means quit without putting up a fight and challenging the Tigers in late-September.
Next: Number 2: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets