The Boston College Eagles and the Clemson Tigers have announced their game rosters and depth chart for Saturday’s contest at Death Valley at 3:30 p.m.
There are no real surprises this week for either team. Clemson Head Coach Dabo Swinney will once again field his A team and will face the same across the field with Boston College’s crew.
The Tigers Injury Report list the following players and their status for the Eagles:
- Tyson Dye (RB), out with back
- MacKensie Alexander (DB), out with groin
- B.J. Goodson (LB), Questionable with concussion
- Charone Peake (WR) out, torn ACL
- Kellen Jones (LB) Out, torn ACL vs. North Carolina State Wolfpack
- Carlos Watkins (DT) Out after being involved in auto accident on September 21
- Travis Blanks (SAF) Questionable with knee injury against Syracuse Orange
- Ben Boulware (LB) Questionable with knee injury against Syracuse
One news of note for the Tigers was the announcement that Redshirt Freshman Offensive Lineman Patrick DeStefano‘s football career is over after a chronic shoulder injury.
“I am very disappointed to announce that Patrick (DeStefano) will no longer play football here,” said Swinney. “Over the last couple of weeks he has had a problem with ‘stingers’ and they just weren’t going away. He had a lot of tests on his neck and shoulders, had discussions with doctors and decided it was best for his future that he give up football. I really hate to hear this because I think he was on his way to becoming a great player. He was really doing well. It is a shame, but it is the right decision. He, will remain on scholarship and will continue to be a part of this program.”
DeStafano sat out all of 2012 and played in the first two games of 2013 before having to sit due to this injury.